Practical Project Management for Everyone
Time & Location
About The Event
This course is for everyone who leads or participates in projects. Build skills and confidence in a fun and interactive learning environment. Even experienced project managers will benefit as practical and proven techniques are woven throughout the course. This highly interactive workshop is designed to give participants a solid foundation in the concepts, tools and techniques of formal project management along with practical techniques that work in the real world.
LEARN PMI. While introductory in nature, this course is extremely comprehensive, covering the five key process groups, ten knowledge areas and introducing the 49 processes included in the Project Management Institute's global gold standard, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition released in late 2017. Participants learn this 750+ page gold standard easily through our exclusive ProjectFlo® 6 game while the majority of the course focuses on the practical essentials to use on any project.
BUILD CONFIDENCE. We'll follow a fun case study project, so that participants build skills and confidence as they learn how to apply techniques immediately. Participants not only acquire technique-based proficiencies, but also explore and practice essential people skills and teamwork. The concepts and methods learned are immediately usable in the workplace, leading to a greater retention of newly acquired skills, measurable project improvements, and the achievement of desired project results.
ASSESS YOURSELF. Learn the secret to becoming a great project manager, determine if pursuing project management is the right career move for you and assess your skills and knowledge so that you can create a plan to improve.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants will:
1. Focus on practical tips while learning the NEW global gold standard project management process published by the Project Management Institute (PMI) in late 2017 via our exclusive ProjectFlo® 6 game (includes our ProjectFlo® Visual Process Map that can be referenced on the job)
2. Learn how disastrous it can be when we fail to select the right project
3. Practice identifying what is a project and what is not
4. Learn the essential 3 P’s and assess where projects fit in the context of the overall organization
5. Learn the definition of a successful project (delivering results are not enough!)
6. Understand the five (5) delivery objectives and corresponding tools to manage each one
7. Uncover the secret to becoming a GREAT project manager
8. Learn the one simple thing every project manager must do in the beginning of each project
9. Self-assess whether project management is a good career fit and how to become even better
10. Build skills and confidence managing a project through a fun and interactive case study
"Great real life experience from the instructor along with sound practical basics."
~ Global Tech Company Participant, London, England
"We learned a lot with a lot of fun!"
~ Large Technology Company Participant, Paris, France
Presented by international speaker: Dawn Mahan, PMP
Get the flyer with more details about registration here --> https://project-general.com/