Tue, Feb 23|
Project Guru Guide Private Manuscript Reading & Feedback Session
A Live, Virtual, Interactive Behind-the-Scenes Event with Dawn Mahan
Time & Location
Feb 23, 2021, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM EST
About The Event
Hi, it's Dawn Mahan, Founder of PMOtraining.com. Want to get behind the scenes and help launch a book? I invite you to join me on this journey!
WHERE IS THE BOOK ON THE JOURNEY RIGHT NOW?
I'm 80% up the mountain, but that last 20% is rough terrain! For years, I've been working on my book. I used to think, "why does it take people years to get a book published?" Well, now I know why! I'll reveal what happened and where I am now.
WHY I NEED YOUR HELP ON FEB 23rd. YOU are part of my plan to finally get this book published. Here's why:
* Speaking and teaching is my happy place!
* I show up fully for people who want to learn and grow, but I won't always show up for an appointment I make with myself.
* I need to create a cadence to work through the final pass of the book in bite-sized pieces, just like I advise people to do for their projects.
* I want to make this the best practical guide it can be. YOUR FEEDBACK will make it a stronger resource and better experience for readers.
* Teamwork makes the dream work! Just by showing up, you will help me with the momentum, confidence and creativity required to finally get this labor of love done AND I will recognize you in the book (or you can be listed as Anonymous)!
WHO FEB 23rd IS FOR:
* Ambitious professionals
* Anyone who has ever worked on a project and wants to learn more about "projectland"
* Book lovers who want an inside peek at the book creation process
* PMPs who need FREE PDUs
* Family, friends and colleagues who want to provide positive vibes
HOW IT WILL WORK:
I will be on Zoom on 2/23 at 7:30PM prepared to serve whoever joins with me, even if only one person shows up and she responds to "Mom!" Here's what we'll do:
* I will read a portion of my book to you
* You will be invited to make live comments and edits to the manuscript in a secret Google doc (not required)
* You will be invited to provide feedback on what you liked, what was confusing, which quotes are your favorite, etc.
* We will keep track of attendance and YOU WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED IN MY BOOK for showing up - the more times you show up and the more active you are in providing helpful comments and edits, the higher your name will be on the contributor list.
* I will ask for feedback on the session (what to do more of, less of, the same) to inform future sessions (should this prove to be a positive experiment)
* If you are a PMP, you can self-report PDUs for joining!
* Live Q&A to help you implement tips on the job immediately
* I will make announcements to make sure that you know the fun learning opportunities happening
VIRTUAL SEATS ARE LIMITED! GET YOUR INSIDER VIP TICKET BELOW TODAY!
*** Select Endorsements From Fabulous First Readers ***
“Delightful, entertaining, easy to read and really kept my attention. Dawn definitely has a gift for transferring important ideas into written words that people can connect with.”
Founder & President, Quistem, LLC, Global Expert in the Automotive Industry
“Don’t let this book’s conversational approach fool you! There are numerous project management insights, leadership nuggets and teaming gems in this highly readable book. It is filled with many fun, interesting examples and anecdotes, sure to bring project management concepts home to both novice and experienced project managers alike. Dawn Mahan, with her very down-to-earth and engaging writing style, offers comprehensive coverage of project management basics, all presented in an entertaining yet informative way.”
- Jim Rommens, MS, MATS, BBA, PMP, CSM, CTFL
Project Manager, Graduate Adjunct Instructor in Project Management, Co-Author of The Expert Test Manager: Guide to the ISTQB Expert Level Certification
"Finally, an accessible book for the ill-prepared and under-supported accidental project managers, commonly thrown to the wolves and expected to come out winners. Sprinkled with fun and relevant pop culture references, clever analogies, and myriad personal stories culled from the author's popular training programs, this much-needed book is chock full of practical, immediately-usable advice on how to successfully bring projects to conclusion by seeing both the forest AND the trees. With tips that range from dealing with difficult stakeholders to avoiding common planning mishaps and employing a simple START-DO-DELIVER method, this aptly-named book will help project managers truly stress less while getting the important things right. This is an indispensable tool that should be on every project manager's desk, whether a seasoned project maven, who will benefit from its refreshing approach, or a complete newbie. It's the most fun you'll have learning how to manage projects better."
Jerry Manas, PMP
Author, Napoleon on Project Management: Timeless Lessons in Planning, Execution and Leadership, The Resource Management and Capacity Planning Handbook, and Managing the Gray Areas
What a delight to know that this book will be there to help project managers! In the chapter focused on Quality, I appreciated seeing key concepts that quality professionals will recognize. Hopefully this book, written with a passionate, light, yet descriptive tone, will be a catalyst for both project managers and quality professionals to work even better together to deliver projects 'on quality.'
~ Grace Duffy - President, Management and Performance Systems; Past Chair and Dean, South Carolina state technical college system; Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt; American Society for Quality (ASQ) Fellow; 2014 Quality Magazine Person of the Year; 2016 International Woman of Quality; Author of 13 texts on leadership, quality and organizational excellence
Given the pace of change and demand for results in today’s business environment, project management excellence is a real differentiator. Dawn has artfully captured the lessons learned from her hands-on experience and delivered a practical guide for driving successful projects. “Accomplish More. Stress Less.” is a must read for any serious project manager looking to move beyond the theory of project management and into the realm of real impact.
~ Michael Stubblefield, MBA - CEO, Avantor; Former Senior Expert, McKinsey & Company
Ms. Mahan cuts away the excess jargon and verbiage to convey the essentials of project management in a readable style which is accessible to every professional from the experienced PM to the beginning novice. Ms. Mahan nails the project management perspective with the fundamental understanding that everything is a project. Concise and to the point in applying the core tools and principles of project management, the reader flows with her lucid explanations and examples. The self-assessment format gives the reader the required cues to recap the key learning lessons. I wish I had this text 35 years ago when I began managing people managing projects.
Roger Korman, Ph.D., CEO, DMD Digital Health Connections Group
Get your ticket before they are all gone. Then, invite a friend or colleague to join us! It's going to be fun!